Friday, July 20, 2018
facebook

google plus
Bathinda

Posted at: Jul 13, 2018, 12:23 AM; last updated: Jul 13, 2018, 12:23 AM (IST)

Child dies of electric shock, labourer injured

Child dies of electric shock, labourer injured
The grandmother of the deceased child at the Civil Hospital in Bathinda on Thursday. Tribune Photo

Bathinda, July 12

One child died of electrocution and another person was injured after suffering an electric shock in two incidents on Thursday in the city.

In the first incident, one and a half year old child died in a house located at Naruana road after suffering an electric current.

A Vardhman police post team, taking action on the statement of the deceased’s father, got a post-mortem of the child conducted and handed over the body to the family members.

In the statement given to the police, Manjit Singh, a resident of Hazi Rattan, has stated that his wife and son Iqbal Singh alias Sanju had gone to his father-in-law Kala Singh’s house located at the Naruana road.

He said on Wednesday night, his son was playing in the house when an iron bed was lying there and an open wire, which had a cut, was passing from there.

The current from the wire transferred into the iron bed and while playing, his son came in contact with the bed.

He was taken to a private hospital where he was declared dead. Later, the deceased was taken to the Civil Hospital for post-mortem.

Manjit Singh alleged that his father-in-law, instead of giving him correct information on Wednesday night, misinformed him. He added that his father-in-law unnecessarily interfered in his life.

Vardhaman police post in-charge ASI Ganeshwar Singh said, “We are probing the incident on the basis of the statement of the deceased’s father.”

In the second incident, a mason working in an under-construction house in Model Town suffered an electric shock. After the incident, he was taken to the Civil Hospital, where his condition is said to be serious.

His co-workers alleged that despite telling the house owner to switch off the power supply, it was not done due to which mason Kulwinder Singh suffered the shock.

Injured Kulwinder Singh is a resident of Kotli village. He demanded that the cost of treatment should be borne by the house owner. — TNS

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On