Monday, July 22, 2019
facebook
Chandigarh

Posted at: Jun 13, 2019, 8:17 AM; last updated: Jun 13, 2019, 8:17 AM (IST)

Fire at mattress shop in Kharar

Kharar, June 12

Mattresses and other goods worth lakhs were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out at a mattress showroom in Sunny Enclave on the Mohali road here this afternoon.

The fire broke out at around 2:30 pm. Five fire tenders from Mohali were pressed into service to control the blaze. Mohali Fire Officer Mohan Lal Verma, who was present at the spot, said the fire was brought under control in about two hours.

Dinesh Grover, the owner of 4 Seasons Mattresses, said he suffered a loss of about Rs 60 lakhs. He said a short circuit could have caused the fire. He said he had complained about this to the Electricity Department about 10 days ago. Kharar Sadar SHO Amandeep Singh, along with his team, also rushed to the spot. — OC

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On