Sunday, September 15, 2019

Posted at: Jun 12, 2019, 7:01 AM; last updated: Jun 12, 2019, 7:01 AM (IST)

Fire Dept inspects residential society in Dhakoli

Zirakpur, June 11

The Fire and Emergency Services Department, Dera Bassi, today inspected fire safety systems at Spangle Heights, a residential society in Dhakoli, a day after two elderly women sustained burn injuries when a cooking gas pipeline exploded in a flat.

Fire Officer Manjit Singh, along with his team, conducted inspection at the society and found anomalies in the fire safety system.

The officials said they had been writing to the RWA repeatedly, but to no avail.

They said the aim was not to penalise the management of the society, but to find out anomalies and advice them to make their buildings fully equipped with firefighting system. Meanwhile, Usha Garg, who suffered burn injuries in the incident, has been referred to the PGI. — TNS


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On