Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Posted at: Apr 15, 2018, 11:28 AM; last updated: Apr 15, 2018, 11:28 AM (IST)

Govt employees can go abroad during child care leave period

New Delhi, April 15

Government employees can go abroad while on a child care leave, according to new guidelines of the Personnel Ministry.

They can also avail Leave Travel Concession (LTC) -- which allow leave and reimbursement of two and fro expenses—during the child care leave period, it said.

This clarification from the Personnel Ministry follows after  it received references with regard to the child care leave (CCL) from different government departments.

“An employee on CCL may proceed on foreign travel provided clearances from appropriate competent authorities are taken in advance,” the ministry said in a recent order issued to all the central government departments.

An employee on CCL may be permitted to leave headquarters with the prior approval of appropriate competent authority, it said.

“LTC may be availed while an employee is on CCL,” the order said.

As per the existing rules, women employees, having minor children, may be granted child care leave for a maximum period of two years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service for taking care of up to two children, whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs.

Child care leave shall not be admissible if the child is 18 years of age or older, the rules say. PTI


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On