Sunday, April 22, 2018
facebook

google plus
Haryana

Posted at: Apr 17, 2018, 12:54 AM; last updated: Apr 17, 2018, 12:54 AM (IST)

Notification for delimitation of Karnal MC wards issued

Parveen Arora

Tribune News Service

Karnal, April 16

The state government has issued a notification for the proposed delimitation of the Karnal Municipal Corporation (KMC) wards. The district administration has sought objections from people to the government decision. Meanwhile, opposition leaders claim that it was a mere eyewash.

“The state government has issued the notification regarding delimitation of wards and people can submit their objections to the decision as well as their suggestions till April 21 at room No-7, first floor, in the mini-secretariat,” said Aditya Dahiya, Deputy Commissioner.

Priyanka Soni, Municipal Commissioner, said that they would send objections and suggestion received to the government along with their suggestions over each application. “The state government will take the final decision,” she added.

An ad hoc committee appointed by the state government had finalised the delimitation exercise that would change the structure of all 20 wards. Meanwhile, several councillors and leaders are unhappy with the decision. They said they were exploring the legal opinion in this regard. They accused the administration for hiding the notification for four days.

Manoj Wadhwa, Deputy Mayor, said that all non-official members of the committee belonging to the BJP had managed delimitation according to the convenience of their leaders willing to contest the MC elections due in June.

He said that the MC authorities did not disclose the delimitation notification for four days. It should have been made public and the administration should have made announcement in every ward. The time allowed for submitting objections and suggestions was insufficient, he added.

Joginder Rana, councillor from ward No. 20, and Vinod Titoria, councillor from ward No. 14, also raised questions over the procedure adopted by the MC.

The Deputy Commissioner refuted the allegations and said that it was forwarded to the KMC for displaying on the notice board and also to address the doubts of people. Even a press note had been released. “We have received objections to the notification in the last two days and these will be considered as per the norms,” he added.

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On