Saturday, October 20, 2018
facebook

google plus
FLASH
  • Helpline numbers for Amritsar accident: #Manawala station- Rly -73325, BSNL - 0183-2440024; Power Cabin ASR-Rly - 72820, BSNL - 0183-2402927; Vijay Sahota,SSE: 7986897301 and Vijay Patel, SSE: 7973657316
Haryana

Posted at: Jan 13, 2018, 12:47 AM; last updated: Jan 13, 2018, 12:47 AM (IST)

Palwal horror accused yet to admit to murders

Police remand extended by four days; officials mum
Palwal horror accused yet to admit to murders
Naresh Kumar, the accused.

Bijendra Ahlawat

Tribune News Service

Palwal, January 12

Naresh Kumar, accused of clubbing six persons to death in the wee hours on January 2, is on extended police remand till January 15. The police failed to get evidence during the initial two-day remand that ended yesterday. The special investigation team of the district police, led by a DSP, had been investigating the matter since formal arrest of the accused.

They had failed to come out with any concrete evidence to nail the accused so far. This was perhaps the reason the police sought additional four-day remand of the accused when he was produced in court yesterday on completion of two-day custody, said sources in the department.

Police officials had been grilling the accused for several hours daily. He had been taken to all crime spots and his residence in Sector 2 here.

A police team visited the office of the accused in Bhiwani on Wednesday to collect evidence regarding his behaviour and alleged assault on a colleague a couple of months back.

Naresh appeared to be playing smart, providing confusing statements regarding the crime scenes. He was yet to admit having killed the victims, said the sources.

The forensic report on the iron rod that was reportedly used to club the victims to death was yet to be revealed. Naresh Kumar (45) had been working as SDO in the Agriculture Department and was posted in Bhiwani at present.

The police had been maintaining silence regarding developments in the case. Both SP Sulochana Gajraj and DSP Abhimanyu Lohan could not be contacted for their version in connection with the probe.

Lohan was heading the special investigation team probing the case. “We have been instructed to maintain distance and not reveal anything to the media till the probe is over,” said an official on the condition of anonymity.

No headway

  • The police have failed to get any concrete evidence to nail the accused during the initial two-day remand that ended yesterday. 
  • The special investigation team of the district police, led by a DSP, has been investigating the matter since formal arrest of the accused.

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On